12 Guiding Principles
The aKnowledge Alliance adheres to the following guiding principles to ensure that the integrity of the aKnowledge brand is maintained. These principles are as follows:
1. We will only accept assignments for which we possess the requisite experience and competence to perform, and will remain well briefed and up to speed with our specialist subject areas.
2. Before accepting any engagement, we will ensure that we have worked with the client to establish a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope, work plan, and fee arrangements.
3. We will focus on pragmatic outcomes and measurable results for our clients.
4. We will stick to the knitting and deliver as promised – on time and on budget.
5. We will be advisory and never adversarial.
6. We will transfer our knowledge to our client counterparties, where possible.
7. We will treat our clients’ time as limited and of high value. We will not waste it.
8. We will treat appropriately all confidential client information that is not public knowledge.
9. We will offer to withdraw from any consulting assignment when it is believed that our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
10. We will refrain from inviting an employee of an active or inactive client to consider alternative employment without prior discussion with the client.
11. We will agree in advance on the basis for fees and expenses and will charge fees that are reasonable and commensurate with the services delivered and the responsibility accepted.
12. We will not accept remuneration, or other benefits from a third party in connection with recommendations to a client without that client’s prior knowledge and consent.
The aKnowledge Alliance
In the consulting industry, there are few if any, barriers to entry and many of those who seek contracts in this area are often inexperienced and, in some cases, less than reputable in their presentations, and their deliverables.
Since there is no governing or accreditation body for the regulation of standards of delivery or behaviour, the aKnowledge Alliance indicates peer endorsement from others who carry the mark.
Membership in the aKnowledge Alliance